What to Look for When Buying a Used Car
If you’re one of the many Cache County drivers looking for a luxurious used vehicle, you might be wondering what to look for when buying a used car. Is it the number of miles, the age, or something else that is more important? There are a number of different things you should keep in mind when looking for your next ride; however, buying from a dealer can make this entire process much easier, especially when you know what to ask when buying a used car, Jeep Wrangler, or F-150.
When buying from a dealership such as Mountain West Motor, you can consult with our team and make sure you find the right vehicle for you. So, if you’re wondering what to ask when buying a used car, learn more with Mountain West Motor today. For more information, feel free to contact us anytime, especially about the different custom and high-end used cars you can find in our inventory!
How to Buy a Used Car From a Dealer
There are quite a few advantages of buying a used car from a dealer, such as getting a lower price and more of the latest technology for your Box Elder County commutes. Dealers such as Mountain West Motor have certified pre-owned models that even come with a comprehensive warranty, so you can drive around Logan worry-free. Let’s check out a few steps you can take so you know more about how to buy a used car from a dealer:
- Set a Budget: It’s important to take your budget into account and the balance between the cost to buy and the cost to own. It’s important to include any potential repairs, routine maintenance, new tires, and other factors. It’s also important to remember that your monthly payment should never be more than 10% of your monthly income. To see how much your monthly payment will be, use our payment calculator.
- Find the Right Used Car: When learning how to purchase a new-to-you car from a dealership, you should always remember that it meets your budget, mileage, and other important things, such as a vehicle history report. The best strategy would be to put together a list of potential vehicles that could fit your needs and see what the dealership has to offer. You can even visit trusted sources such as Kelley Blue Book or Edmunds to check out reviews and prices in your area.
- Test Drive and Inspect the Models: When learning what to look for when buying a used car, it can be difficult to choose one that meets your expectations. Once you’ve found a vehicle, it’s important to have it inspected by a certified mechanic and take it for a test drive to see how it performs on the Logan roads.
- Used Car Financing and Other Fees: After you’ve found a vehicle that suits your needs, look into the options available for loans. It’s also important to include other fees into the price, such as sales tax, registration, and also the value of your trade-in. It’s also important to see if there are any type of warranties or insurance plans available for you.
What to Ask When Buying a Used Car
Now you might be wondering what to ask when buying a used car; therefore, it’s important to know what to look for and ask to avoid any expensive repairs down the road. Let’s check out some things to ask when buying a used car below:
- Is there a history of maintenance?
- Is the vehicle history report available?
- Do the amenities and features work correctly?
- What is the ownership history?
- What is the vehicle’s mileage?
- Are there any current recalls on the vehicle?
- How was the vehicle priced?
- Can I take the car to a mechanic for an inspection?
- Do you have the title in hand?
- Is the car as is, or is it under warranty?
- Does this vehicle affect your insurance premiums?
What To Look For When Buying an Off-Road Vehicle
That’s all well and good, but when you come to Mountain West Motor of course you’re looking for a used truck that tears up the trials and leaves the road behind. So what should you be looking for instead when you want an off-road vehicle? Below are some key things to look at.
- Wheelbase: The Goldilocks approach is what you need here. A vehicle that’s not too short, and not too long either. Too long, and you’ll struggle with approach, departure, and breakover angles. Too short? You’ve got no stability. Typically, a wheelbase of 100 inches is recommended if you’re serious about off-roading.
- Weight: While you can absolutely dominate a trail with the power of a Hummer, the weight is going to get it stuck more often than not. This is why lighter-weight vehicles like the Wrangler are the preferred off-roader.
- Dimensions: Going back to the wheelbase, smaller vehicles just tend to do better. They have less trouble when it comes to approach and departure angles. They’re more maneuverable. And they’re less likely to get stuck in tight places.
- Modifications: This one can catch some people by surprise. A vehicle that is modular, easy to modify, with a robust selection of parts that you can use to customize it over the base model. This can make a huge impact on your off-road experience. This includes the types of tires available, the shocks, and the recovery points.
Learn More About What to Ask When Buying a Used Car with Mountain West Motor!
Now that you know what to look for when buying a high-end customized used car come stop by Mountain West Motor and check out our extensive custom used car inventory today! Be sure to meet with our finance center before your next purchase near Weber County!
More from Mountain West Motor